Call For Students
The Education Institute for Early Intervention (EIEI) Future Students
“Early Childhood Education Inclusion Associate”
The ECE Inclusion Associate Credential (ECEIA) is appropriate for individuals interested in becoming assistant teachers in the field of special education who work in early childcare programs. This program is 11 months (44 weeks) for a total of 35 credits.
“School-Age Inclusion Associated”
The School-Age Inclusion (SAIA) program trains individuals to be assistant teachers and move onto a paraprofessional (after successfully passing the exam) to work with individuals with disabilities in K-12 special education or adult programs with intellectual and autistic disabilities. This program is 11 months (44 weeks) for a total of 33 credits.
“Child Development Associate”
This course provides an overview of state regulations, clearance requirements, staffing, health and safety hazards, quality improvement systems, state learning standards, types of childcare facilities, ethics of early childhood professionals, and program management, and family engagement. This program is 5 months for a total of 9 credits.
“Parent Proficiency Certificate”
This course is designed for parents to understand the journey of Special Education. This course teaches parents/families how to navigate through the education systems and access appropriate programs and services for their child, teach parents about IDEA Law and IEP process and the laws governing their education along with conflict resolution and Due Process. In addition, they will learn about Child Find, Response to Intervention (RTI), and the Students Support Teams. This program is 10 weeks long and students graduate with a Parent Delegate Certificate and are able to advocate on behalf of other parents/families.
All students must complete the following clearances:
1. Child Abuse Clearance
2. Criminal Record Clearance
3. FBI Background Fingerprinting Clearance, and
4. National Sex Offender Registry Verification (This one is new and it is free)
FYI – there is a fee associated with each of the clearances, however, “The Education Institute for Early Intervention” (EIEI), will reimburse you after you submit the clearances to us along with their receipts.
(official high school transcript from an accredited high school or an equivalency diploma (GED) score report)
Background Checks Requirement:
- Federal Criminal History Record
- Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
- Department of Human Services Child Abuse History Clearance
- National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR)
- Tuberculosis (TB) negative test result
- Mandated Reporting Certificate
- Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form (PDE form-6004) (all students working or volunteering with children are required to sign this form as part of PA Department of Human Services & Department of Education (DHS/PDE) regulation) ·
- Two letters of recommendation
- Financial Record(s)